FOR ART!

Thursday, June 20, 2013

| | |
Wow, what a busy artsy week it has been.
This week I did two paintings for my grandparents that will be hung up in their living room. They have a lot of really cool vintagey metal art work throughout their house, so I wanted to stick with such colors and theme. My grandma is a green thumb and loves flowers, so I went with flowers for my paintings. Both are of the same flowers, one is purple the other is blue, all the paint is metallic. I added fabric flowers with writing on them and little gems in the center of a few of the flowers to add a bit of a 3-D touch. I'll post pictures later, after I give the paintings to my grandparents, I do want them to be a surprise. Overall though, I am extremely happy and proud of how the paintings turned out.

Tuesday, my mum and I finally took a trip down to Plaid Peacock, a local art type of store. And let me tell you, I fell in love with it. Basically it is me in a store. They consign local artist's stuff. And well, it's my new goal to have some of my stuff sold there. I'm really excited and pumped about it. I want to recreate the flower paintings I did for my grandparents but on a large scale and try to sell them at Plaid Peacock. If not, I guess there is always Etsy. Ha.

This whole week I've been making multiple trips to Hobby Lobby and Jo-Ann, getting all sorts of supplies and ideas. I've tried out a few new things and tricks, some of them failed (horribly, I might add), others have worked out. Hopefully, I'll be adding some of these new creations on Etsy soon. Which reminds me, I need to finish my shoe projects and get those added online too.

It was kind of funny, last night I was looking for some inspiration, so I pulled out my visual journal I created in an art class my freshman year. And of course, I found loads. Like this portrait I was obsessed with drawing but probably haven't drawn since freshman year. Now I want to paint her on a large canvas, which I started earlier today. And I found tons and tons of lyrics from a band that I was in love with and have since forgotten (like most things from that year). It's all I have been listening to since last night. Life is funny that way. But I did indeed get some ideas for some projects from my little book. Like matchbox pocket shrines, and I thought of a few good uses for old, empty Bath & Body Works 3-wick candle jars (which god knows I have so many of them and we always have more coming). I also found a water color painting I did last year that I really like but wouldn't mind trying to sell. I love it, but money is nice too. Though if it doesn't sell, I suppose I won't be too heart broken.
Point is, I've really been back into art this week and it feels good. I've missed it.
Look forward to pictures!


Create yourself!
 Ally

0 Comments:

Post a Comment